NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
SOUTHWEST ZONE HOCKEY ASSOCIATION OF EDMONTON
Where: Virtual meeting – online preregistration required (see below)
When: Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Delegates: Hockey players registered with the Association for the current program year and who are in good standing or their representative.
The business of the meeting will be as follows:
- Approval of the April 30, 2021 audited financial statements
- Selection of the auditors for the fiscal year ended April 30, 2022
- Approval of amendments to the association bylaws
- Election of Directors for the 2022-2023 season
To attend the meeting, delegates must pre-register to receive a link to join the meeting. To register, please use this link:
- The SWZ Board has a Nominating Committee that is formed pursuant to Article 9.5.1 of the organization’s bylaws.
- Subject to the approval of the Board of Directors, the Nominating Committee will prepare a list of nominees for Officer or Director positions.
In conjunction with the Notice of Annual Meeting, the SWZ Nominating Committee hereby provides the list of nominees to the membership at least twenty-one (21) days prior to the Annual Meeting. The list of current nominees and positions without nominees can be found here Nomination List
- Additional nominations for Officer or Director may be made by voting members, provided that such nominee(s) have given his or her consent and the nomination(s) is filed with the Chairman of the Nominating Committee at least fourteen (14) days prior to the Annual Meeting. Such nominations should be sent to email@example.com
- The membership will be notified by the Nominating Committee of any additional nominee(s) at least seven (7) days prior to the Annual Meeting. The form of communication will be through the membership’s website at swzhockey.ca
No Nominations from the Floor
There shall be no nominations of candidates for Officer or Director accepted either from the floor at the Annual Meeting or for the period of seven (7) days prior to the date fixed for the Annual Meeting. Any individuals interested in filling a vacant board position can express their interest, at any time, to the association President. The President will bring any such applications forward to a subsequent SWZ Board meeting and the Board will consider, and vote on accepting the applicant for the position, according to the organization’s bylaws.
A copy of the current bylaws of the association can be viewed here: Current Bylaws
The Board of Directors is recommending amendments to the bylaws that will be voted on at the General Meeting. Details of the proposed changes can be found here: Proposed Changes