The SWZ is continually looking for volunteers to help our teams! If you are considering volunteering to be a Coach or an Assistant Coach for the 2023-2024 season, please read the following information. Evaluation volunteers who will be on the bench or in the dressing room should also register for insurance purposes but will not need to complete the RIS Coach or the Police Check at this time. Online registration begins June 1, 2023.
- Click here for the SWZ Hockey U15 and U18 Coaching Application.
2. Coaches and Assistant Coaches:
Please register yourself online the same way you registered your player selecting SW Zone Coach/Assistant Coach.
- Those that are on Team Rosters with SWZ Hockey Assoc. will be reimbursed the $31.50 for the 3-hour long online course. Once the course is completed, forward your receipt to email@example.com
- RIS Coach is DIFFERENT than RIS Parents – if you are both a Parent and a Coach, you are required to have both courses.
- As part of its three-year strategic planning process, Hockey Alberta is developing a new Parent Engagement Program (PEP) strategy.
A key component of the PEP strategy is the Respect in Sport Parent and Activity Leader/Coach programs. Hockey Alberta has required successful completion of those programs since partnering with the Respect Group in 2012. Effective for the 2018-19 season, Hockey Alberta will require recertification every four seasons for the RIS Parent and Activity Leader/Coach online programs.
- Police checks are completed through SWZ Hockey Assoc. at no cost to the applicant or the team.
- Police checks must be completed in full prior to going on the ice or the bench for any reason.
- SWZ Hockey Assoc. requires that police checks be completed bi-annually.